My flag choice

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Hjallti

22 Mar 2025

I do think politics should not be an issue in this nice international website.

Human rights should not be politics... but they still are.

I have chosen to change my flag to the european flag as a small signal.

The european union seems to me the only route to safe freedom and democracy by supporting ukrain, canada and Mexico now our former ally has chosen another path.

United (except for Hungary) we might overcome.

The finding out in the UK (... Breturn?) and USA will still take time.

I still im proud to be Belgian and think the low self esteem of belgians is musplaced and harmful. But I am also proud to be not nationalistic

As belgians we should be proud that we do not believe we live in the best place in the world... and that we are an exception in that regard.

#2 · Sighris

28 Mar 2025

I live in the USA.
I might change my mind, but for now I'll still fly the USA flag to let people know where I live.
Maybe I'll move to India (where my wife's entire family lives), Thailand (I have good friends there), or some other place in about 8 years.

As a citizen of the USA, I would like to apologize to all of you, from all of us who allowed Trump (the convicted felon and liar) to con his way into the office of PotUS. He is the worst PotUS since Nixon, and by him getting re-elected it shows a large percentage of the citizens of the USA are either ignorant, gullible, cowardly/racists, or stupid (or at least very short-sighted).
...Hopefully in 4 or 5 years we can get the USA back onto a better path...
But, in the meantime, anybody want to play a game of Toroidal-Go or Utlra-Chess?

#3 · The_Burglar

28 Mar 2025

I've just killed the flag

#4 · Ray Garrison

30 Mar 2025

I live in Michigan, US, but now I fly the Canadian flag to show solidarity with our long time ally and neighbor during these tumultuous times. (I am 25% Canadian)

#5 · Oakmoss

6 Mar 2026

I'm from the US, too, and was holding out like Sighris, but now I've hit my breaking point and no longer want that symbol by my name on here. I'll probably go back to rotating semi-arbitrarily like I did in days of yore.

#6 · MisterCat

6 Mar 2026

Gee, a shame that one of Ray Garrison's very last posts had to be about his disgust with the U.S. Sure - I agree completely with that disgust - I'm not convinced that anything really gets accomplished by fooling with a symbol at a game playing site, but certainly I support the sentiment. Years ago, I complained about word games being played inside this general forum, since there is a perfectly good word game forum. But there is no political forum - so I guess - here is OK for now. Warning - this could become a trouble spot, with flame wars and the like, so maybe all should be warned.
Seeing that I live in proximity to NY City, I consider my area within the target region of justified retaliation by Iran. Therefore, if I disappear from this site forever, I guess we'll know why. (meow)

#7 · Oakmoss

7 Mar 2026

I go back and forth on the flag, really. Like, wanting to distance myself, but then not wanting those in power to co-opt it, but then also knowing we've sorta always been like this. I don't fault anyone either way—with any national flag, really.
The funny thing with politics is that even if you avoid it, it'll find you. Human rights, as Hjallti said, shouldn't be political but they are. Several political philosophies go into making LittleGolem possible.
That said, I agree with the warning and the risk within a political thread. Though I think everything's ultimately political, I won't pretend a discussion of Xiangqi openings and a discussion of drug legalization are equally likely to go off-the-rails and turn into a flame war, haha. (or... are they?)

#8 · BozoDel

7 Mar 2026

What's the issue with Mexico? The news pieces I could find were kinda old. Seems like Mexico's position oscillates a lot.

I'm very sorry for Brazil's stance. You make me think about switching to an Ukrainian flag, if it makes Putinists at least a wee bit uncomfortable. I don't wanna misrepresent myself, though...

#9 · Sighris

19 Mar 2026

Ugh, so things have gotten worse. I was pretty sure they would, but I didn't think they would get THIS bad. I've seen a meme on FB in which people are making a symbol based on either the symbol of the Jedi (from the movie "Star Wars") and/or the symbol of "The Rebellion" (from the movie "Star Wars") and combining it (or them) with a stylized "state bird" {most, maybe all, of the states (providence) of the USA have an official "state bird" - for example Illinois has the "northern cardinal" (aka "Cardinalis cardinalis")}... And I would like to change my LG flag to one of those. :-/

#10 · Dvd Avins

21 Apr 2026

enter image description here

#11 · Oakmoss

22 Apr 2026

↑↑
Yup yup!

#12 · Oakmoss

22 Apr 2026

It feels like a quarter of US states have the cardinal as their bird, haha. Mine does too (Virginia). If I could choose my flag from anything, it'd probably be the beautiful vexillological pandemonium that this is:

The Progress Pride Flag, six horizontal bars of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and violet, with a yellow triangle on the left with a purple circle in it, and beside the triangle are chevrons of white, pink, light blue, brown, and black

OGS comes close, having the original Progress Pride Flag (before intersexuality was explicitly made part of it).

#13 · Sighris

24 Apr 2026

Nice Oakmoss (on 2026-04-21) - I grew up in, and lived most of my life in, Chicago Illinois (which I consider my home base) but most of the last two decades I have lived in Los Angeles California, so I took the rebel image (see my previous / above at 2026-03-19 reply) for IL and CA and put them together to make:
my two-USA-states Jedi-rebel flag

#14 · Sighris

24 Apr 2026

Second attempt: two birds with Jedi logos

#15 · Sighris

24 Apr 2026

Hmmmm.... 3rd attempt: CLICK HERE???

#16 · Oakmoss

26 Apr 2026

The link worked (I'm surprised since I don't use it and never know what they'll block outsiders form viewing)! Those are nice; I think they blend the two elements well.

For posting images on LittleGolem I upload them first to Imgur.com and then link them here, since most sites (understandably) block hotlinking.