Public forum discussion.
10 Jan 2026
Hello,
I hope you will not judge me too harshly for posting a little spam/add here: I have created a small web site called Friendly Bets where you can record a bet with your friend. The site does not transfer any money between the users, it just records what the bet is and eventually who won. You can let another user (friend) to be an arbiter of the bet or you can let the LLM decide who won based on the users' justifications.
Enjoy,
David
2 Feb 2026
I attempted to create a public bet, but when I clicked on the black [Create Pool Bet] nothing happened AFAIK - and even when I move my cursor to the black button nothing happens as far as I can tell. When I move my cursor over the [Cancel] button it turns grey, but I didn't click on it. I believe I filled out all of the fields. Has anybody here on LG been able to create a bet?
3 Feb 2026
Yes I did create a pool bet but could not create an individual bet (an error occurred).
3 Feb 2026
@David, what were your motivations for creating this, do you have bets for us, allowing us to make some money ?
Could you clarify when you issue a bet and people accept it, do they accept what you propose or the contrary of what you propose?
20 Feb 2026
Hello, I apologize for any errors on the site that you have experienced. I will try to fix them as soon as I will get to it. It was my Christmass break project developed with the help of AI. The idea for the site is to alllow folks to record any bets and their fullfillment, but without any ambition of transferring any money by the application - that is left for the users to settle. It assumes gentlemenship in the fullfillments. As for errors on the site: whenever something doesnt work for you there, feel free to contact me directly on my email dstrupl@gmail.com. Thanks a lot for trying it out.
22 Feb 2026
I have tried to fix the error that you experienced when creating (and later displaying) the bets. Actually, I have let the LLM (Claude Opus 4.6 in this case) to fix the failing code. I am still perplexed by the abilities of the artificial brains. They (Gemini, Codex, Claude) are probably better coders than myself now. And I work as a developer/manager for the last 25 years ... As the saying goes: you won't stop the progress (at least there is a Czech saying that I lamely translated into English).