The game Sixfold is messing with the Tournaments page

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

28 Mar 2026

My OS is Linux Mint. When I look at the Tournaments page, the icon for Sixfold is huge and it pushes everything to the right. There is no horizontal scrollbar. This happens on the Firefox, Chromium, and Brave browsers.

#2 · Christian0

28 Mar 2026

Happens to me too on Windows 11 using the Duckduckgo browser

#3 · Oakmoss

28 Mar 2026

It's big and everything's pushed to the right for me, too, on Firefox, but it's still within a single screen's width, so no scroll bar is needed. If the icon for Sixfold is going to be bigger, it shouldn't be more than sixfold bigger, I think.

#4 · William Fraser

29 Mar 2026

MacOS Safari and Firefox, same problem.

Even worse, I can't play, either. Firefox is Spinning and failing to load. Safari is able to load, but when I click "Send" it brings up a red bar that says "exec: no command".

It doesn't seem to work on iOS, either. Below the top banner, I get a white screen with the navigation buttons and nothing else.

#5 · William Fraser

30 Mar 2026

And today the game is working for me (even if the Tournaments page is still broken).

#6 · The_Burglar

30 Mar 2026

its png image seems to be ten times the usual size

#7 · The_Burglar

30 Mar 2026

or twenty times the size of smaller png's

#8 · Carroll

1 Apr 2026

What is this game? Where does it come from, is it Richard invention? What is a connected group, a line or really an orthogonally connected group?
Thx for the new game but I missed its birth news!

#9 · BozoDel

1 Apr 2026

https://docs.littlegolem.net/games/sixfold/

Doesn't say where it comes from, and I couldn't find evidence of it anywhere else. Might be a Richard exclusive!

Movement is orthogonal, so groups are probably too. I don't think I've ever seen a game with diagonally connected groups on an square board.

#10 · Richard Malaschitz

2 Apr 2026

Sorry for the delayed response. The game Sixfold has only just become available in the app on both iOS and Android. There is also a bot available (it still has some issues and plays quite weakly).

There are many similar games on the market, so I don’t really feel like an author. We tested the game at home and it seemed quite good to me (my son beat me in every match). I will probably be adding more games over the course of the year, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to send them my way.

#11 · Carroll

5 Apr 2026

Nice, can we play your son on LG ?

I'd like to play the Gipf game Yinsh here.

#12 · David J Bush

7 Apr 2026

Richard, that's great, but the OP problem persists. Using Firefox, Brave, and Chromium under Linux Mint, the Tournaments page has most of the blue Register buttons (for every game) pushed off the page for me, under standard magnification. My monitor is 1080V x 1920H. The Sixfold icon is much larger than it should be. There is no horizontal scrollbar to retrieve them. This is a problem for other OSes as you can read for yourself.

#13 · William Fraser

8 Apr 2026

@BozoDel I once experimented with playing go with diagonally connected groups. It was actually quite fun, but trying to capture anything really hurt one's brain. I called it "Awful Icky Green Things".

#14 · BozoDel

8 Apr 2026

@William Fraser
Sounds like a nightmare XD

#15 · The_Burglar

8 Apr 2026

sixfold 140x140

#16 · The_Burglar

8 Apr 2026

enter image description here

#17 · The_Burglar

8 Apr 2026

Not easy to upload images, so ignore last two messages

#18 · The_Burglar

9 Apr 2026

Managed to shrink PNG file but the first search using the word "shrink" takes you down the road of shrinking the file size, next attempt was search for resize PNG which works, next to upload it to LG requires a web link so put it in a public access folder but the link did not work, gave up and sent PNG in a message to LG Facebook page which has not seen activity for 10 years

#19 · Oakmoss

9 Apr 2026

You're trying to... just shrink the icon and make it publicly viewable? Like this?

enter image description here

#20 · David J Bush

15 Apr 2026

Thank you Richard, all is well again.