Display an image in post?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

28 May 2026

I see an image icon at the top of this text window I am typing in, but when I try to use it with an image hosting service all that is shown is the image description.

enter image description here

Am I doing something wrong?

#2 · Oakmoss

29 May 2026

I wonder if it'll let me substitute with Ampersand codes so I can show exactly what I entered to post an image.

![Yoshi smiling excitedly with his hands in the air](https://i.imgur.com/uQTumXk.png "Green dinosaur thing")

Yoshi smiling excitedly with his hands in the air

#3 · Oakmoss

29 May 2026

Nope, it didn't, but just replace
! with !
( with (
) with )

The https://i.imgur.com/uQTumXk.png is exactly what I pasted in to the box for "Insert image hyperlink" after clicking the image button. It's the direct online address for the file as is publicly accessible.

#4 · The_Burglar

29 May 2026

Big Brother Buffer, maybe you are just adding your images to a big buffer awaiting censorship rating only if it is a permanent type of data in the ever changing internet

#5 · Oakmoss

29 May 2026

#6 · Oakmoss

29 May 2026

What I meant to say is

Thinking emoji

(Today I've learned that this forum doesn't support emoji)

#7 · David J Bush

30 May 2026

Let's see if it works.
It does not show up in Preview but I post it anyway.

Boardspace Twixt window

#8 · David J Bush

30 May 2026

Maybe my host imgbb.com is at fault?

Oakmoss, did your images show up when you clicked Preview, before you posted?

I am grateful for your help.

#9 · David J Bush

30 May 2026

![Boardspace Twixt window]https://imgur.com/a/mV66jmS("Twixt window”)

#10 · Carroll

30 May 2026

Boardspace Twixt window
I guess your parenthesis should have been enclosing URL plus name :

![Boardspace Twixt window](https://imgur.com/a/mV66jmS "Twixt window ?")

#11 · Carroll

30 May 2026

Haha you need direct image links not links pointing to imgur, such as : https://i.imgur.com/F75F9zD.png
Boardspace Twixt window

#12 · Oakmoss

30 May 2026

Yup, Carroll's right. David, it looks like what you're posting isn't a file location, but a directory or web page that contains that file. The location needs to end with an image file extension, like .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, and so on.

Right click on the image where you see it online and select "copy image location" or "copy image link" or whatever it says to that effect. Sometimes websites are set up so that still won't give you a direct file location, so instead you can right click and select "open in new tab", then get its location from there. Either way, you're looking for something starting with http and ending with an image file type.

A common one you might see is .webp, but support for it isn't very common so it might not work here.