Why is there no option to delete my account on this site?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Pokshtya

8 Aug 2026

I'm tired of receiving email notifications about games and tournaments that I don't participate in. I haven't played on this site for several years now, and I have no intention of playing here again. Yet, without my knowledge, I keep getting added to some tournaments. What's that about?

I want to delete my account on this site and never come back.

#2 · MisterCat

8 Aug 2026

I may not be giving the best answer here, but at least I will entertain your question.

People log out of the site all the time. I've done that myself - but this generally happens when I use my Chrome browser to clear out stuff like saved sites and passwords and stuff. And when that happens, I have to sign back in - but fortunately Chrome/Google is remembering my name and password so that are already filled in for me and I just hit ENTER.

But lots of players disappear completely from the site. If they are not doing it that way then I agree - I certainly don't see anything resembling a delete account button. But that is odd - you are getting constant email reminders? I don't think that I ever get those and I've been around for many years. Maybe something in your profile page is set to send reminders? And if you are are getting them, then maybe you have a bunch of games or tournament entries still present that are ticking down, yet the system doesn't want to forfeit you, yet. If so, I'd go hunting for active games and also in the waiting room page, and also in the championship page and ladder page. If you are entered in any games there you'll see your name in red and there is a remove button right next to it.

So as I said, maybe there is something else that I don't know about. Other folks might chime in here.
MC

#3 · MisterCat

8 Aug 2026

Oh, just do the drop down button on top right under your name. There is a log out button there. That ought to take care of it. But I would still do that search for any active games or tournament entries first, just to be safe. Then log out.
(typo in previous post: 'that' should be 'they'. Also, your name won't be in red, but a big red REMOVE button will be right next to it.
mc

#4 · The_Burglar

9 Aug 2026

Try "Send message to Webmaster" via "Contact" @botton_left

#5 · Hjallti

9 Aug 2026

And now the simple solution:

Uncheck the box 'email notifications' in your my profile page....