System message bug?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

13 Aug 2026

The system just sent me a message when a game of mine ended. But instead of using the link
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2561446 it used the link
https://www.littlegolem.net/app/game/daily/2561446

which failed on my PC.

#2 · Dvd Avins

13 Aug 2026

Similar. And some info was missing from the message. Have you emailed Richard?

#3 · slaapgraag

14 Aug 2026

+1

#4 · Oakmoss

15 Aug 2026

It sounds like the messages meant for the new version of the website are being used for all versions. I've been getting them, too.

#5 · bennok

17 Aug 2026

I have the same issue here. I patched my Desktop with an extension called Redirector to translate one adress into the other one. It doesn't change my setup too much because I was already translating "https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=*" into "https://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=$1". Due to some mysterious cookie restrictions my login credentials are exclusively recognised for domain "littlegolem.net" and not the subdomain "www.littlegolem.net". That's a different bug I reported years ago, but wasn't fixed because I seem to be the only one affected. It doesn't bother me too much, but the workaround could be useful to you lot / to y'all / to my dear fellow littlegolemners.

This is the link for the firefox extension Redirector (https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/redirector/). And of course it also exists for chrome-based navigators.

#6 · bennok

17 Aug 2026

Update. It seems the adress for a finished game has changed a bit. A shebang / dieresis symbol was added. But the new mechanics don't word for me yet. I had to adapt my redirection rule a bit more:


LG finished games rule
Redirect:
https://www.littlegolem.net/app/#/game/daily/*
to:
https://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=$1
Hint:
Any word after example.com leads to google search for that word.
Example:

https://www.littlegolem.net/app/#/game/daily/2561446 → https://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2561446

(rule copied directly from the effective redirector rule)

#7 · bennok

17 Aug 2026

Update to the update:

  1. Sorry I forgot to preview my message formatting.
  2. And also I used the word "dieresis" as "dièse" in french which means the "hash" symbol.

#8 · Oakmoss

18 Aug 2026

An interesting update on my end is that I got exactly one notification of the original kind on the 16th, then it returned to the new format that began on the 12th:

A list of notifications for Oakmoss, demonstrating the above

It was a timeout win, which makes me wonder if it maybe kept to the old format because the game was last accessed by either of us on or before August 12 (I honestly don't remember; I keep poor track of these things).

#9 · Oakmoss

18 Aug 2026

Another things I noticed about that timeout win is that on the page itself it claims the game ended on August 6th, which is impossible because it only started on August 01, so it couldn't have timed out until the 11th.

#10 · Oakmoss

18 Aug 2026

*Another thing, singular!

#11 · Oakmoss

18 Aug 2026

Actually it looks like timeouts are considered finished as of the last move, which I made in that game on the 6th. OKAY I'LL STOP POSTING NOW