Bug in the rating system

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Diamante

31 Aug 2026

We are experiencing issues with the scoring system, and they remain unresolved. I am not the only one affected, as abnormally high scores have suddenly appeared on the website. Is there any way to fix this and restore the original scores? I am about to lose my matches due to time constraints, or I will be forced to play them like this. I believe this issue affects not only EinStein würfelt nicht! but also Sixfold, and it might be showing up in other games too.

I look forward to your update.

Olivier

#2 · jytou

1 Sep 2026

We’re all back to 1500 hehehe Good luck everyone! :D

#3 · celticjim

2 Sep 2026

Amazon's the same, maybe it's all games

#4 · encio

2 Sep 2026

Why this restore?

#5 · Richard Malaschitz

2 Sep 2026

There was an error in the rating calculation. The same games were being counted toward the rating every minute, causing some players’ ratings to increase significantly while others dropped.

Fortunately, the ratings can be recalculated retroactively from all games, so within a few hours all ratings will be recalculated and corrected.

#6 · Diamante

2 Sep 2026

Thanks Richard for your efficiency!! :)

#7 · The_Burglar

2 Sep 2026

should take some time, 24+ years of games

#8 · jytou

2 Sep 2026

Thanks a lot for the prompt fix, Richard! Besides, I actually found that a rating jubilee once in a while could be concept. :D