New version 1.34

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Richard Malaschitz

11 Sep 2026

https://www.reddit.com/r/LittleGolem/comments/1wdag6i/version_134/

For Android, iOS and web

Old web (https://www.littlegolem.net) will be probably available only this month.

#2 · Jonny

11 Sep 2026

What I have to do?

#3 · MisterCat

11 Sep 2026

Features here at the old site appear to be imploding, and Richard is not maintaining them. Among these, the register and leave buttons in the ladders don't work. Auto generated texts with game results have lost formatting. Many links at the FAQ page are not found.

Recall the ending scene of Fight Club? That would be my description of what is happening to this old site. So I just spent a few hours fooling with the new site. Much to learn over there, and I even had a log in problem already which I reported to Richard.

So just sign out here and sign in there. The future is now!
(meow)

#4 · bennok

11 Sep 2026

It is fun that 9/11 was chosen to implement this new interface. Richard is fond of these unannouced changes. I consider this a training for this wild world we live in. We keep forgetting who holds the steering wheel. Well here Richard does. From my experience always for the better, even if it isn't obvious at first sight :)

#5 · The_Roel

11 Sep 2026

Logged in using e-mail, but it seems a new account has been created. 0 running games. Where are my old games?

#6 · MisterCat

11 Sep 2026

This may not be the case with you, but I have two different email addresses, and when I contacted Richard, he pointed out that I was using the wrong email address. When I switched email address, I got in and all my games are there. So consider this possibility. mc.

#7 · The_Roel

11 Sep 2026

I tried other e-mail as well, but that was also empty. Then I tried my very old hotmail, but didn't receive the code over there.
My account is over 20 years old and I always logged in using nick and totally forgot which e-mail I used for it.

#8 · Oakmoss

11 Sep 2026

If this entire website is going to stop working in only three weeks and we all need to make sure we can log in to a new one to keep playing, it would be a very good idea to make this (a link to the Reddit post) an announcement at the top of the Home page and perhaps also the My Games page rather than just here where many people are not going to see it.

#9 · MisterCat

12 Sep 2026

A wise idea, Oakmoss. I hope Richard is listening.

And The_Roel, I was only telling you how MY problem got solved in the hope that it might help. But I still had help from Richard. Get in tough with him quick-like (Contact button in blue at the bottom left), because I have a feeling that Richard will be inundated with emails during the next few weeks.

And finally - I can't figure out what that Reddit thing is all about, but click on the word 'web' above and it gets you to the new site - nothing to do with Reddit! Worked for me. All my games are there, even this forum and these posts are there. However, I must say that I didn't see a way to add comments to forum threads, so maybe he has yet to put that in.

mc

https://www.littlegolem.net/app/

#10 · anybodyyyyy

12 Sep 2026

Sziasztok 2004 óta játszom itt ;nem tartom jó ötletnek ezt a változtatást. Sokkal nehezebb kiigazodni , aki ezt szokta már meg minek alkalmazkodjon máshoz. Ha meg is változtatjátok a designt a régi belépési lehetőséget haggyátok meg. Köszi előre is.

#11 · bennok

12 Sep 2026

I rarely agree with anyone, but I agree with anybodyyyyy. ;)

#12 · bennok

12 Sep 2026

I meant: "I rarely agree with anyone, but I agree with anybodyyyyy." -
Pun apart, I do agree. From why I understood from a translation site. They are saying that it is difficult to adjust to a new design when you're used to the old interface. They're asking to keep the old entry option. - One of the reasons I agree is that I wouldn't have been able to copy the text, guess it was hungarian, translate it, or not even would I have been able to reply in the forum. So please Richard keep this alternative interface as long as it is sustainable. And as always many thanks for maintaining this lovely place!

#13 · MisterCat

12 Sep 2026

Ah, that's how you do it! Reply button on top right, looks like pen and paper icon. mc.

#14 · MisterCat

12 Sep 2026

Our forum is there, but seems to not be separated by category. I like to ignore forum posts for games that I don't play, so maybe this is worth fixing? mc.

#15 · Diamante

12 Sep 2026

Is there a way to flip the board in Einstein würfelt nicht!? I've been playing for 20 years going from right to left, and now it feels completely inverted. Help please! ;-)

#16 · Diamante

12 Sep 2026

Regarding what anybodyyyyy is saying: do you guys remember when all of Little Golem was bright yellow?? And then it changed? We all got used to the change, it’s just a matter of time. I imagine it's getting complicated for Richard to update the website, and that's why the change happened.

#17 · Oakmoss

13 Sep 2026

Yeah, this website has been around for nearly a quarter century now, and I'm sure it's full of quirks that have only become more and more difficult to maintain, since he probably wasn't thinking about still managing it in 2026 back when he first created it, and has learned a lot more since then. New technologies and frameworks have emerged since then, too.

I agree that we all get used to new layouts and setups quickly (I remember the Yellow Era, too!). My main two concerns are making sure everyone knows what's going on so no one gets left behind, and that the new site/web app is fully functional when the move happens.

To those wondering: Reddit is basically another type of mega forum with a ton of sub-communities (subreddits), which is good to have for support in case anything happens that makes this site inaccessible (and which I find far, FAR more preferable to a Discord server).

#18 · Carroll

13 Sep 2026

Yes, impermanence... is unavoidable.
Maybe we should make a list of important things missing in the app.
Copy/pasting in the forum is one.
I second Diamante, a change of orientation in games is strange and a way to chose one would be nice.
Better forum management with edit/delete would be nice too and would participate in making the LG community more lively.

#19 · anybodyyyyy

13 Sep 2026

Nyílván azért változtatná meg a felületet , hogy egyszerűbb legyen neki bizonyos dolgokat konfigurálnia , de én annak a híve vagyok ami eddig működött ne dobjuk ki, hanem ezt fejlesszük tovább. Nézegettem az új oldalt hát sok mindenben láttam kifogásolni valót. Az a javaslatom lehessen mindkét oldalon játszani ki melyiken érzi magát jobban. Ha esetleg az anyagi vonzata miatt szüntetné meg a jelenlegi verziót ; úgy kérem jelezzétek és segítek amiben tudok. De rajtam kívűl szerintem mások is. Üdv Feri

#20 · anybodyyyyy

13 Sep 2026

És azt se felejtsük el ez nem egy színváltozásról szól , itt lényegében minden megváltozik. Én is itt voltam az évek alatt .

#21 · Dvd Avins

13 Sep 2026

Copy/paste in general, not just in the forum.

#22 · bennok

13 Sep 2026

I am slowly discovering the improvements. I was able to correct my previous posts, which wasn't possible. I am also redacting this message using the new interface, I couldn't find the option the other day.
Also the ratings graphs are back. It has been a feature that had dissapeared for so long I had forgotten about it !

#23 · pedropajarito

13 Sep 2026

illlI think it's an improvement, it would be nice to be able to see the ladder position

#24 · Richard Malaschitz

14 Sep 2026

It is now possible copy text in the forum and add several new tournament-related pages:
- A list of my tournaments, with the option to register or unregister.
- Statistics for championships and ladders, where you can see information such as medals won or how long a player has held first place in the ladder.

#25 · Diamante

14 Sep 2026

Would it be possible to add a feature, or is it too much to ask? Once I submit a move in a game, I’d love it if the next available game of the same type automatically popped up instead of redirecting back to the home screen. That’s how the old website used to work, and it would really speed up making my moves. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but there's no harm in asking. Thanks!!! :))

#26 · bennok

15 Sep 2026

I am sure all the mechanics we are used to will be back gradually, patience is always our best ally!

Personnally, I miss the option of skipping a game for the next one, probably not too difficult to implement. Also the link to the game as text. ...or the ability to choose a different game theme. (The theming is probably a lot more work and not a priority).

I wanted to point out as a big improvement the responsiveness of the more recent games like Tumbleweed. From what I understand, all the older games that relied on java had to be reprogrammed completely. I don't want to think too much about the number of sleepless nights this overhaul must have been! Impressive job!

#27 · Richard Malaschitz

15 Sep 2026

@Diamante, @Bennok - i add some improvements (next game, skip game) to web version (will be on mobile soon)

#28 · bennok

15 Sep 2026

Yay. Skip game is there : Thanks @Richard! And i also found the export (as text) button while I was looking for "resign". Soon I'll have no good reason to use the old style interface!

What is still missing is just the shiny 3d go/slither/havannah pieces and the Havannah board as I like them....

#29 · Diamante

16 Sep 2026

Thanks, @Richard! Would it be possible to add a feature to automatically jump to the next game of the same type? For example, when I'm playing Go, I prefer to go through all my Go matches first, and then move on to a different game once I'm done.Also, the WYPS game layout looks a bit crooked/misaligned (sorry for being such a pain! ?), and I can't seem to find the tile bag with the remaining letters either. It would be awesome to have that for planning the final moves! ?

#30 · Marius Halsor

17 Sep 2026

Thank you for the new version, Richard! I miss the way some of the games used to look, though. Will we eventually be able to choose different looks on the board, like we could in for example Hex earlier? I liked the way the board used to be rotated, and I was also fond of the red/blue stones rather than the black/white ones.

#31 · unique

20 Sep 2026

May this site R.I.P.

#32 · bennok

23 Sep 2026

'> May this site R.I.P.'
It seems pretty much alive, at the moment!

#33 · bennok

23 Sep 2026

One important feature I am missing in the new interface is the table for tournaments. The default now shows "Standings" in a synthetic way but I see no link for the usual "Tournament table" were anyone can see at a glimpse how well you are REALLY doing compared to other players. Sometimes you might appear high on the Standings because you finished more games.

#34 · Carroll

26 Sep 2026

Where can I find the switch dark mode/light mode ?
I switched to dark mode which is nice, except for Ocean11, I can't read the black cards which have a dark Grey background.

#35 · bennok

27 Sep 2026

There is an icon representing the sun next to your avatar on the home page. It is a toggle button that turns to a moon when in day mode, and back to a sun in the dark. (Which makes LG a strange parralel world were the sun shines only in the dark.)

#36 · Richard Malaschitz

28 Sep 2026

Fixed tournament table

#37 · William Fraser

29 Sep 2026

Actually, for the tournament table, the link is missing a "/#", so that you now have

https://www.littlegolem.net/app/tournament/tumbleweed.ch.8.2.1

instead of

https://www.littlegolem.net/app/#/tournament/tumbleweed.ch.8.2.1

which doesn't work on my computer (Firefox, MacOS)

#38 · MisterCat

2 Oct 2026

I am glad the old site still operates, even though it is now October. The new site is very nice, has some nice features, works reasonably well, but is still LACKING some features that I use a lot and would miss.

Here is just one - to name now. I like taking a look at recently played games - primarily in Twixt, but occasionally in other games - because I can learn a lot by viewing well played games between strong players. Those lists are not there at the new site, so I'll leave this as an assignment for our site mod - you know who! (meow)

#39 · MisterCat

3 Oct 2026

Here is a 2nd one: chat is there, moves are there, but I don't see a display of remaining time. I'd think this is important.
mc

#40 · Oakmoss

4 Oct 2026

Well, there goes the old site.

I noticed I didn't see a chat window in Fendo.

#41 · bennok

4 Oct 2026

@Oakmoss: Look more closely. Only the links have changed. A new "classic web" site replaced the old one but ther is a "java site".
Regarding chatting in fendo, I think it depends on the size (or geometry) of the window. When it is missing you should have a chat icon on the top right. It allows to chat in a pop-up window.