#1 · MisterCat
5 May 2020
I will field this question, but I don't have all the answers. Others may be more informative.
In THIS site, the use of an engine for analysis DURING a Chess game constitutes CHEATING. This is NOT a 'postal chess league', where such use IS permitted. This topic has been discussed QUITE EXTENSIVELY in this forum, but some of those forum posts go back YEARS; they may be hard to find. (as I recall, 'the sons of Mahmoud' is a good one, if you can find it)
Every now and then, players are CAUGHT cheating (and there are ways to do this), and there have been a few cases of players being banned from the site. An experienced online player can usually tell when their opponent IS A CHEATER, and that's one reason there is a blacklist here - the cheater will NEVER get another chance.
Cheaters are not going to admit to this, so I doubt that you will find any sort of a useful answer to the question 'how many people here cheat'? Among the things you might do is observe the playing records of some players, and see if they PRACTICALLY NEVER, EVER, LOSE, even to the best players here. That, right there, is a good sign of a Chess engine at work.
More sophisticated Chess sites (this is NOT one of them), employ many methods, including software that automatically compared the moves made by a player by the choices offered by top Chess engines; players who are caught cheating are usually banned for one year, and then if they repeat the act, will be banned for life, as are players caught cheating at over-the-board tournaments.
This is a very relaxed, casual site - there is NO MONEY, NO PRIZES, NO ACCOLADES, and your rating here GOES NO PLACE ELSE. The cheaters have no RATIONAL reason to cheat - they do it for some crazy irrational reasons, such as some sort of ego boost. I don't know exactly - I don't cheat.
If YOU wish to cheat, kspttw, I would ask you to refrain from this or leave the site. If you are NOT a cheater, then just relax, play some games, and enjoy.
(meow)