Castling problem in chess 960

Public forum discussion.

#1 · richyfourtytwo

11 Nov 2022

In this game https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2341155 neither player could castle, which we both don't understand (And that was BEFORE the king made a move.) Are we missing something in the rules or is it a bug?

#2 · Ray Garrison

11 Nov 2022

looks like a bug...white could not castle either queenside or kingside? I recommend you report this to Richard

#3 · richyfourtytwo

11 Nov 2022

To neither side. And seemingly my opponent had the same problem. (As per the chat.)

#4 · Richard Malaschitz

11 Nov 2022

It should work to click on the king and then on the rook. In the mobile app (ios, https://www.littlegolem.net/app/ ) drag-and-drop works as well.

#5 · Richard Malaschitz

11 Nov 2022

#6 · William Fraser

11 Nov 2022

I notice that in that clip, the king and rook started on their usual places of e1 and h1. Does it also work for other starting positions?

#7 · William Fraser

11 Nov 2022

Oh, never mind. I just realized that the king and rooks are in their usual places in the original poster's game, too.

#8 · richyfourtytwo

12 Nov 2022

Ah, OK, so this has cahnged recently? Will try as soon as it's my move again.

#9 · Chris Smith

12 Nov 2022

I tried clicking on the king and rook in one of my other games and it worked. It's too bad there is no documentation (that I could find) that explains this interface difference from normal chess.

#10 · leandro

9 Jan 2023

hi,

I cannot castle kingside in 960: https://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2350512
King and rook has not moved and king is not passing over an enemy controlled square
I think I should be able to castle king side in this position.

Am I missing something or is a bug?