FEN export possible?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Patrick

29 Dec 2025

hi, is there a way to export the FEN of my game?

#2 · MisterCat

29 Dec 2025

I see only the TEXT button above the game moves. This immediately downloads to your pc the PGN of the game. But an FEN is only a specific position. If you want an FEN of a position in the game, you need software that will open your PGN file that you just downloaded. I use PENGUIN. Then you play through the game or click on the move of the position you want. Hold your mouse over the game board and right click. Options, including 'copy FEN string' will appear. You can copy the FEN to your clipboard and paste wherever you wish.

That is admittedly a pain in the ass. It's the only way I can think of at this point, and if someone has a simpler way, do share.
mc

#3 · Patrick

31 Dec 2025

ok thanks