#1 · The_Shark_c
21 Feb 2015
I'm trying to figure out what my role should be here.
There are two things I am sure of:
1. I should not comment on games in progress. Neither should anyone else.
2. I should not comment on the results of specific positions in private messages. Only in the forum.
After those two rules, I've just been commenting on other people's comments, figuring that isn't going to ruin the 5x5 game too badly.
However, now I've gotten a request to comment more. The upper limit of what I could do is for any given game, I could walk through each of the positions and list, for each legal move in that position, the number of replies which are wins, the number which are losses, and the number for which I do not know the outcome.
What do people think? Would that be good for the development of Dots and Boxes?
Here is a typical sample (just one position, from the recently analyzed game Tobias Lang vs romei, and from late enough in the game that I don't think anyone would mind):
|_. Move |_. Wins |_. Losses |_. Unknown |
| E2 | 17 | 24 | |
| C4 | | 42 | |
| E4 | 21 | 20 | |
| I4 | 34 | 4 | |
| C6 | | 42 | |
| E6 | 4 | 38 | |
| G6 | 1 | 40 | |
| I6 | 1 | 40 | |
| C8 | 34 | 5 | |
| G8 | 1 | 40 | |
| D3 | 1 | 41 | |
| D5 | | 42 | |
| D9 | 34 | 5 | |
| F3 | 21 | 20 | |
| F7 | 2 | 40 | |
| F9 | 1 | 41 | |
| H3 | 34 | 4 | |
| H9 | 1 | 40 | |
| A2 | | 42 | |
| B1 | | 42 | |
| C2 | | 42 | |
| B3 | | 42 | |
| B11 | 21 | 20 | |
| A10 | 21 | 20 | |
| K10 | | 42 | |
| J11 | | 42 | |
| I10 | 1 | 41 | |
| J1 | 34 | 4 | |
| J3 | 34 | 4 | |
| A4 | | 42 | |
| A6 | | 42 | |
| A8 | 34 | 5 | |
| B5 | | 42 | |
| D11 | 34 | 5 | |
| F11 | | 42 | |
| H11 | 2 | 40 | |
| G10 | 4 | 38 | |
| K8 | 7 | 34 | |
| K6 | 3 | 39 | |
| J7 | 7 | 34 | |
| H1 | 34 | 4 | |
| F1 | 17 | 24 | |
| D1 | | 42 | |
| E2 | 17 | 24 | |
Gosh, I wish there were a preview button. Well, here goes....