variant 50 point match.

Public forum discussion.

#1 · KPT

18 May 2012

50 points match!!!!

mmm i don't think so, thanks.

#2 · Christian K

19 May 2012

eh, what?

#3 · MRFvR

19 May 2012

@Thnikkaman - he's, obviously, talking about this tournament; also mentioned in this topic.

#4 · Ray Garrison

19 May 2012

I have also started a fifty point Einstein Marathon, double round robin!

EINSTEIN INSANTIY #1 fifty point matches!!! YES, FIFTY!!!

begins June One

#5 · slaapgraag

19 May 2012

SOmetimes i think i'm an LG addict... But in times likes these, I feel completely... NORMAL!

#6 · KPT

20 May 2012

wuaajajaj

#7 · Rafael Marques

16 May 2012

Diamante is in, so the tournament will problably take 100 years. Too bad, I don't have so much time.

#8 · Jonny

16 May 2012

1600 moves -> 1 move 36 = 2400 days + 10 days + 20 days vacation = 2430 days = less then 7 years.

Something wrong with count?

#9 · Apple PI

16 May 2012

Vacation days are refreshed each year and both sides can use up all their time, so if both sides drew it out as long as possible it could take around 7.5 years to finish.

#10 · Ray Garrison

16 May 2012

Don't forget, if enough people enter, there will be multiple sections and that means the top two from each section will play in the second round, so you can see it could easily go ten years....

#11 · Robert Mathew

23 May 2012

Im looking forward to this

#12 · Tommah

23 May 2012

Can this tournament use a 7x7 EWN variant with 10 cubes for each side?

#13 · kyle douglas

23 May 2012

I'd like to point out that LG has rather recently celebrated 10 years. This tournament will span around half of the LG lifespan if it ends in 10 years.

#14 · YHW

3 Jun 2012

I got all EWN results and I searched for the longest game. It's this one, Tommah - Roy78, 345 days ! But it could be topped by this one, Diamante - silviatab, running for 298 days and not even 10 single games finished...unbelievabe ! ;)

#15 · Hjallti

3 Jun 2012

Game 1404037 is another candidate to beat Tommah-Roy78. Only 2-3 after more than 150 days. Those two games together could well decide the span of the tournamnent, since they are first, resp. second round matches in the same tournament.

Almost 2 yrs for 7 points... almost 14yrs for 50???

#16 · YHW

3 Jun 2012

How did you find that ?!
Do you know your longest game? That's 1280412, 297 days, seems so that Tommah is also not the quickest one ;)

#17 · Tommah

3 Jun 2012

Yeah, I don't really have the time for these games anymore. Once I'm finished the three games I'm playing now, I'm going to stop playing except for the team matches.

#18 · Hjallti

4 Jun 2012

I just happened to open this forum just before checking that particular tournament table, and than started to check some games to compare to your statement.

on the other site, the chances are not that small that players qualifyinfg for the second round will not be around when it really starts, some years later...

#19 · Jonny

26 Oct 2012

the first 50 point game human: human is over!!!

Start time: 2012-05-09 09:40
Finish time: 2012-10-25 08:18
Score Blue/Red: 50 / 45

1569 Moves

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1446443

#20 · FatPhil

26 Oct 2012

You guys are heroes! I like to think I'm a fast player, but this is crazy!

#21 · KPT

26 Oct 2012

well done!!!
congrats.

very tight!

#22 · Ingo Althofer

27 Oct 2012

Phil wrote:
> You guys are heroes! I like to think I’m a fast player,
> but this is crazy!

You should have seen EinStein players in 2005 and 2006
on the inetplay live server. On one day two of the girls
decided to play a one-hundred games match. They did,
it took less t han two hours. And then they had a short
break and played slower games for another few hours ...

Ingo.

#23 · FatPhil

27 Oct 2012

I remember luiser's lightning sessions. But then again, they had captive opponents - on LG, you never know when your opponent is going to respond.

#24 · Jonny

27 Oct 2012

#25 · Jonny

30 Oct 2012

Its over. It was a long one in moves:

Start time: 2012-05-09 08:39
Finish time: 2012-10-30 13:24
Tournament: null
Score Blue/Red: 44 / 50

1654 Moves

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1446430

Gratulation to Nagy. Great Job.

#26 · Nagy Fathy

30 Oct 2012

Finally my 50 points game with Jonny has been finished. It had to be finished 10 days ago or more, but my luck went so bad in the last few games.
Good game Jonny our game lasted nearly six months only :)

#27 · Jonny

2 Nov 2012

next (The shortest in moves) is over (if you have a finished Human: Human 50-point game, please post here):

Start time: 2012-06-01 13:32
Finish time: 2012-11-02 18:54
Tournament: ut.einstein.605.1.4
Score Blue/Red: 50 / 34

Moves: 1441

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1453406

#28 · Hjallti

7 Jan 2013

After 7 months 8 matches (of which 6 with Ray Garrison himself) are at less than 200 moves... with 1500 as average number of moves we might go to 60 months of indeed 5 years with those...

#29 · ypercube

7 Jan 2013

Hey, Ray is a pretty fast player, don't blame him :)

#30 · Jonny

8 Jan 2013

Next three are over:

Start time: 2012-06-01 13:32
Finish time: 2012-11-30 08:50
Tournament: ut.einstein.605.1.4
Score Blue/Red: 50 / 35

Moves: 1425

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1453407

tart time: 2012-06-01 13:32
Finish time: 2012-12-12 21:49
Tournament: ut.einstein.605.1.4
Score Blue/Red: 36 / 50

Moves: 1474

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1453408

tart time: 2012-06-01 13:32
Finish time: 2012-11-30 20:08
Tournament: ut.einstein.605.1.4
Score Blue/Red: 42 / 50

Moves: 1554

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1453405

#31 · FatPhil

11 Mar 2013

Group 3 checking in with its first result, finally!

Start time: 2012-06-01 13:32
Finish time: 2013-03-11 19:23
Tournament: ut.einstein.605.1.3
Score Blue/Red: 50 / 32
Moves: 1273
http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1453390

I think it's fair to say that we're about half way through the first round, even the game with the fewest moves has reached 26 points for one of the players.

#32 · ypercube

11 Mar 2013

Minor correction: The games with the fewest moves have current scores of 21-25 and 22-22.

#33 · FatPhil

11 Mar 2013

Ug, yes, my mistake. And yes, the "we" was our group. However, looking in other groups shows at least one match where only 11 frames have been played. So this could easily turn into a 10 year event!

8-o

#34 · ypercube

15 May 2013

Longest game so far: 1607 moves

Tightest possible score: 50-49

Game 1453381: ypercube - hershoff

#35 · ypercube

15 May 2013

The "longest so far" title applies to the Marathon-50 tournament only.

#36 · Jonny

14 Feb 2014

Longest game bot against bot: #1551396 1705 moves

Longest game bot against human: #1447788 1749 Moves

Longest game human against human: #1446430 1654 Moves

Have someone more?

#37 · FatPhil

14 Feb 2014

Carroll and I are having some real slugfests, including the final remaining game in the insanity mentioned at the top of this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if more than one went to the 99th frame.

#38 · FatPhil

7 Apr 2014

Another's just reached the 49-49 state: JWH & I , however, only 1616 moves so far, so not going to beat Jonny's record.

#39 · FatPhil

15 May 2014

I think it's fair to say that we've finished the first found.

And yes, by "we" I mean our group. Congratulations to the two winners who will progress to the next round, some time in 2017.

#40 · ypercube

15 May 2014

Thnx FatPhil. I suppose there is no debate that this will be by far the longest awaiting time in any golem tournament.

#41 · FatPhil

15 May 2014

Just in time to sign up for INSANITY #3!!!!!

#42 · Jonny

17 May 2014

Im in if one create it!

BTW you both have now the longest match human against human with 1675 moves!

#43 · Hjallti

27 May 2014

I think 2018 seems a more likely guess, we (Ray Garrisson against me and against Marius are about one third of the way (14-16 in at least one game) and we are just playing 2 years... june 2018 seems likely if we go on like we are :-)

#44 · Hjallti

10 Dec 2014

After 2 and half years, Ray and I have one game at 19-19, which means that, continuing this pace we need another 3 yrs 9 months to complete the first round.

September 2018 would be this prognoses.

(four games have appr. 650 moves. 18-20, 23-18, 26-9 are the scores in the other 3.)

#45 · Jonny

16 Feb 2015

Shortes game in Moves (with correct played to 50): 1380   (but 2 years and 8 month)

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1450585

Someone lower?

#46 · YHW

16 Feb 2015

There are some games with a lower number of moves that bots played against each other, this could be one match with the lowest number (1236 moves):

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1534987

This is one bot vs. human match with 1176 moves only:

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1455153

Or my hardest match against a 'naive child' version with very difficult settings (1140 moves)

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1491285

#47 · Jonny

23 Apr 2015

8 month and 5 days, real short in time, isnt it?

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1653753

#48 · Jonny

24 Apr 2015

New shortest game in Moves: 1250 --- Two years and a half

http://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1490812

#49 · Rafael Marques

21 May 2015

#50 · Ray Garrison

27 Aug 2023

Einstein Insanity #1 has just finished!
Started: June 1, 2012
Ended: Aug. 27, 2023
Tournament lasted for 11 years, 2 months, 27 days!