Confirm resign message needed?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Paul Wiselius

30 Mar 2016

I just made a terrible misclick or two against bennok, and worse it was in the championship :-(.

On my phone I tapped < to see the previous move, but apparently I hit the resign button. Then I tapped forward > and probably hit the Send button. Now I lost the game instead of taking the lead.

I am not asking for a replay, but would appreciate if therewas some kind of popup to ask if I really want to resign. Specially on your mobile phone you can make a misclick like this easily.

Could our master Richard introduce such an extension???

 Regards, Paul

#2 · Ray Garrison

31 Mar 2016

yes, this is a must fix for smart phone apps.    I suggest you post this at the bug report site (scroll to bottom of the general forum page).  Also, this thread might be better posted in the general forum.

#3 · Paul Wiselius

31 Mar 2016

Ok thanx for your support, I will do both.

#4 · Ingo Althofer

31 Mar 2016

Hey Paul,

please take my condolences. I can fully imagine how you feel. And, indeed, I would support that Richard realizes a safety question concerning "really resign?".

Probably you know that the next Computer Olympiad will take place in your country: in Leiden from June 27 to July 03, 2016. If the Ewn Championships is finished by then, and if indeed you missed the Championship title by this special misclick, and if you are in Leiden during the Olympiad, I will give you a consolation price.

By the way: In the Olympiad there will also be an EinStein computer competition. One of the potential participants (from the US) has a double double: he wants to win the Gold medal with his program AND he wants to impress a girl in the audience by doing so. (I told him that most girls need more than a gold medal to be impressed - but he has his special agenda...)

Ingo.

#5 · Paul Wiselius

5 May 2016

Hi Ingo,

Since that loss I seemed to have lost my touch (or my luck ;)). But right now I am climbing up into the 1800 again. I will keep the Olympiad in mind, if it fits it would be nice to meet you for the first time!

Best regards, Paul

#6 · Jurjen

10 May 2016

Same goes for other games: in dots&boxes, one of the lines is impossbile to click on the phone; I finally gave up and sacrificed a box in order to be able to finish the game.

#7 · Austral

10 May 2016

Hi all,

On the phone you can choose the parameter "see the computer version" which is better...

Have fun