#1 · Paul Wiselius
6 Jul 2016
See http://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1789358
In this game by coincidence I won the last set with still all six stones on the board.
I wonder if that happens often?
Public forum discussion.
6 Jul 2016
See http://littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1789358
In this game by coincidence I won the last set with still all six stones on the board.
I wonder if that happens often?
7 Jul 2016
No, definitely not. That's quite a coincidence!
7 Jul 2016
Hi Paul,
wins with all six stones still on board is not so seldom.
The following argument shows that it happens in average at least once in 1,555 games. A plays vs B and wins in 5 moves. A moves only with his central stone in the front diagonal. (So he needs this number all three times.) B's first turn should be not just the opponent of A's lonely fighter (happens with prob 5/6). B's second roll has to be with any of the at lerast two stones who can not capture the front runner.
Total probability for this is 1/6 * 5/6 * 1/6 * 2/6 * 1/6 = 5/7,776 ca= 1/1,555
There are of course other (good) paths which saves all 6 stones of the winning player. In total I think that the probability is larger than 1 promille.
Ingo.
9 Jul 2016
Hi Ingo,
I do remember that luiser beat me once exactly in the way you described. She won straight away in 4 moves...
Paul