DEFAULT.mc.2008.final

Public forum discussion.

#1 · opmp

2 Sep 2016

Hello, what ist that for a Tournament??? 2008?

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/tournament/tournament.jsp?trnid=einstein.DEFAULT.mc.2008.final

Is here something wrong? Richard?

#2 · Tasmanian Devil

2 Sep 2016

The winners of the monthly cups for each year play a final tournament for that year. It's the same in the other games as well.

#3 · Jonny

2 Sep 2016

Ok, thanks a lot.

#4 · Paul Wiselius

3 Sep 2016

Wow, the final for 2008 starting just now!?

Since I won my first mc in 2013, I will have to wait a few years for my first final... :-((

#5 · opmp

3 Sep 2016

Yes, thats what i am wondering about, too  :--)

#6 · wccanard

3 Sep 2016

These "finals" are a new thing. Back in 2007 you would just win a monthly cup and that was it -- you had won April 2007 Monthly Cup and this was the end. And then all of a sudden in 2016 I am being asked to play in 2007 "finals". So probably it won't be long before the 2013 "final" starts.

In dots and boxes, what is happening is this: the 2007 finals started, all games timed out with 0 or 1 move played, and then the 2008 final started. All games for that final will time out in about 7 days and then I guess the 2009 final will start. etc etc.

#7 · ypercube

3 Sep 2016

Seems like many of the "old" Dots players have left the site or are not interested in playing here (and resign in 1st move in these late finals).

Only 1 game, in the 2006 finals has been actually played (me and shinosuke).

#8 · ypercube

3 Sep 2016

Sorry, it was the 2005 finals: game 1775113

#9 · ypercube

3 Sep 2016

It's kind of better in some other games, with more participation. I suppose it will improve - in all games - as we approach 2016.

#10 · Paul Wiselius

5 Sep 2016

wccanard & ypercube, thanx for the info! :-)

#11 · hanfried_c

7 Sep 2016

This thing brought hanfried_c back to littlegolem.net.

I read in my emails that my vaccation days are running out, so I checked what happend and found the 2007 final.

Fortunately, I also found a copy of hanfried on my old computer...

#12 · Ralf

30 Dec 2016

Nice, 7 people played and i got lucky :)

#13 · LeCanardfou

18 Jan 2017

einstein.DEFAULT.mc.2011.final features both Rororo and naive_child. :'(

#14 · Paul Wiselius

19 Jan 2017

Too bad :-(

On the other hand: the human players now haveva chance to win it ;-)