#1 · Carroll
25 Jun 2025
I wondered if there has been a game with the two armies crossing without a single pawn being taken ?
A bonus is if there has been no mistakes made...
Public forum discussion.
25 Jun 2025
I wondered if there has been a game with the two armies crossing without a single pawn being taken ?
A bonus is if there has been no mistakes made...
29 Jun 2025
I remember that I once signalled a win for me still having all my stones, but cannot remember if I took an opponent's stone.
30 Jun 2025
Checking over the game records of people who played in the infinite tournament (131 players, yielding 177688 games), I found exactly two:
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=885529
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=1590289&nmove=79
There could, of course, be more.
2 Jul 2025
Thanks William for your research.
They seem quite rare.
I guess they are not possible with perfect play, I tried to find starting positions where it makes sense, but did not succeed.
8 Jul 2025
It would be strange in the beginning to keep a 2,3,4,5 of you are able to self capture. Of course the added condition on optimal play is vague.