Larger Toroidal Go games

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Sighris

5 Sep 2023

I'm still interested in a larger Toroidal-Go game!

If you want to help me push this idea check this out: https://bitbucket.org/rmalaschitz/littlegolem/issues/45/can-we-the-littlegolem-users-have-a-13x13

  • &/or write something here!

Somebody recommended a 15x15 T-Go instead of 13x13 and I think that is an even better idea! So 11x11 & 15x15 for T-Go... And 9x9, 13x13, 19x19, 27x27, & 37x37 for flat-square-Go (all of which we already have here on LG).

#2 · Bernhard Herwig

25 Sep 2023

I would also like to have 15x15 toroidal go implemented.
Also the twisted version would be very nice (the Klein bottle)

#3 · Oakmoss

7 Oct 2023

I'm morbidly curious about how 9x9 Toroidal Go would work out. Either way, I agree that larger sizes would be a lot of fun, and it would be neat to see how the dynamics differ with board size.

And... wait. We have 27x27? How long has it been here?! HOW DID I NOT NOTICE BEFORE

#4 · Thomas

22 Dec 2023

I think toroidal 15*15 or 17*17 would be a great addition.

#5 · Thomas

22 Dec 2023

That should have been: 15 x 15 or 17 x 17

#6 · Sighris

6 Jan 2025

Happy New Year everyone... To ping this topic again, I would be very happy if we could play 17 x 17 (or 15 x 15) Toroidal-Go. I'm willing to accept what-ever gift we could get... I'd even be fine with 16 x 16 which might be better in one way, that we could see how having an even number of columns and rows changes the game.

#7 · Sighris

16 Sep 2026

Some interesting changes here at Little Golem! And since things are changing, I would like to point out that making a 17 x 17 (or 15 x 15) Toroidal-Go would probably be easy compared to many of the other updates that have recently been done. And again, I'm willing to accept what-ever gift Richard will give us… I'd even be fine with 16 x 16 T-Go which might be better in at least one way (we could see how having an even number of columns and rows changes the T-Go game). echo, echo, echo..... :)

#8 · Carroll

17 Sep 2026

Yes, if Richard would share the code for current sizes, I'm willing to implement the other sizes.
Please pm me!

#9 · Richard Malaschitz

23 Sep 2026

And komi size ?