Error in Capturing ?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · unknown player

17 Jun 2024

So I am playing the black stones, and when I go to the EIDOGO to see the capture, it states that it's a white capture but not mine, and I'm confused.

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2451366

#2 · Greck

17 Jun 2024

I don't see any error. In move 24 your opponent White captured a Black stone.

#3 · unknown player

17 Jun 2024

No, I did the capture.

#4 · unknown player

17 Jun 2024

My bad, I thought you were talking about move 25. My mistake.

#5 · unknown player

17 Jun 2024

What's weird is that when I moved 25, it gave white the capture. And it wasn't there before.

#6 · Greck

18 Jun 2024

That would be certainly weird, but currently it's behaving as expected: white captured a black stone in his move 24.

#7 · Crelo

18 Jun 2024

I understand very well your confusion, because LG has an unorthodox way of displaying the number of captured stones. Sometimes I have to remind myself about it.

What happened in the game, on move 24 white captured a black stone (by surrounding it).

Little Golem displays: Prisoners (Black/White): 1/0, meaning there is 1 black prisoner and 0 white prisoners. This is very unusual, completely the opposite of what is standard for go editors.

Normally is displayed the number of captured stones by each color, as EidoGo is doing. On move 24 EidoGo says white/Rolle has 1 captured stone and black/unknown player has 0 captured stones.

#8 · unknown player

18 Jun 2024

I appreciate the clarity. Thank you

#9 · Sighris

10 Sep 2024

I agree with Crelo ★ at 2024-06-18 (above) "LG has an unorthodox way of displaying the number of captured stones. Sometimes I have to remind myself about it." (sometimes, if I don't remind myself, I get it backwards)