#1 · Thomas
6 Jun 2026
Hi, it seems to me there is a bug/glitch in said game. Black did just capture back in a Ko in move 193, what shouldn't be possible. Please check on this.
Public forum discussion.
6 Jun 2026
Hi, it seems to me there is a bug/glitch in said game. Black did just capture back in a Ko in move 193, what shouldn't be possible. Please check on this.
9 Jun 2026
No, that's not a legal move. It was probably a system error.
10 Jun 2026
I agree with Diamante, that's not a legal move. The board position is identical on move 191 and 193 and that is not allowed. In other words, after a Ko move is played the other player must make a non-ko move (or pass) next - and they can only take back the Ko on their following move (if their opponent has not filled the Ko)... Otherwise the Ko could just go back and forth forever. Have you tried just taking it back (make the same illegal move they made)? The LG system/website/program should not allow you to do so, but it should not have allowed your opponent to do it either - so I suggest you give it a try.
28 Jun 2026
I see you (Thomas) played a threat (three stones in atari) elsewhere.
Did you check to see if the LG program would let you retake the ko (in question)???
- Even if you didn't want to repeat the game-board position, you could have placed the "stone"/move and NOT hit the "Send move" button just to see if LittleGolem would allow it... Did you (Thomas) do that (give it a try)? ... Because I'm curious... BTW, I'm also curious if it was caused by it being a "Random 100" game - maybe somehow the playing of the first 100 moves by LG (instead of the game players) caused the program to see/understand* those stones differently than the stones played by players... I would guess/hope not, but that is the best theory I have at this time.
Good luck on having (by the "random 100" placement) enough threats to win back the ko! lol
footnote, maybe "evaluate the ko take-back" is more accurate words than "see" or "understand" for a program - but it is fun to anthropomorphize computer programs, yes/no? :D
29 Jun 2026
Yes, bug (probably played from phone). I return position to this move and try fix it.
10 Jul 2026
Thanks, Richard. Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this because the game had ended meanwhile, it seems the opponent timed out.