Spanish Wyps

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Pinobambu

12 Sep 2016

There are some words that I can't play in Wyps. I wonder if someone knows which is the word list, because I don't think they are so obscure...

By the way, the frequency of the letter "K" in Spanish is really low, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to drop it (it's just my opinion)

#2 · Richard Malaschitz

12 Sep 2016

Yes, in new versions of WYPS (size 8 and 14) are letters without K.

#3 · Pinobambu

12 Sep 2016

That's great! And what about the word list? For example, I tried "dolmen" and it wasn't accepted.

#4 · Richard Malaschitz

12 Sep 2016

You are true. There is wrong wordlist.

#5 · Pinobambu

24 Apr 2025

Richard, sorry to ask again after all these years, but what word list is used? Some players have been surprised at times by not being able to play certain words. It’s occasionally happened to me as well, although it’s not something I’m particularly concerned about

Thanks!

#6 · Diamante

24 Apr 2025

Sinceramente creo que usa Español latino americano, hoy probé la palabra "maletero" (del coche) y no me funcionaba, supongo que el diccionario no tiene muchas palabras agregadas en nuestro uso diario, no sé. :)

Esperemos que te conteste para que nos hagamos una idea, aunque sigamos jugando.

Thanks Richard!!

#7 · Pinobambu

25 Apr 2025

No se me había ocurrido, pero no lo tengo tan claro. "Maletero" creo que sí se emplea en algunos países hispanoamericanos.

Realmente la lista de palabras parece bastante amplia, pero a veces sorprende. Por ejemplo, recientemente no me ha dejado jugar "sauna" ni "aúnas". La primera es de uso común (por lo que he buscado, también usada en Hispanoamérica, aunque con género masculino) y el verbo aunar, aunque pueda tener un uso más literario, no se puede decir que sea extraño.