Possoble bug in QYPS ?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Mojmir Hanes

9 Mar 2024

Hi guys,

I am black in the game 2434924

and struggle to understand why following move for black is not legal (after making move I do not see Send button/cannot submit it)

Before (left) and after (right) move - move seems to be illegal...

Thanks

#2 · richyfourtytwo

9 Mar 2024

Your opponent has connected all 3 sides. You need to break that connection with your move.

#3 · Mojmir Hanes

9 Mar 2024

Thanks richyfourtytwo, you are right

I misunderstood the rules, thought it counts just at the end (who connected all 3 sides is the winner) and there is no need to break it during the game

#4 · Force majeure

10 Feb 2025

Rules for QYPS are not described in full. Based on game experience there is also 1) need to break opponent connection immediately (similar to responding to check in chess), 2) whole row of colors can be reversed but only when placed stone is not in the middle, 3) once you connect stones with one color, you can revert one chosen stone of the chain

#5 · The_Shark_c

11 Feb 2025

I think that your guesses numbered 2 and 3 are not precise.

  1. If the entire word entered is confined to a single row (i.e. doesn't bend), then you flip all stones belonging to your opponent.

  2. If the word is not all in one row, then you can flip only one stone belonging to your opponent. By default, it will be the first such stone you click on, but you can click an extra time on a different stone to flip it instead.

Hope this helps....

bill

#6 · Force majeure

11 Feb 2025

What do you mean by “word”. In QYPS there are no words

#7 · William Fraser

12 Feb 2025

A "word" is a connected set of tiles sharing a color.

#8 · Force majeure

12 Feb 2025

So in that case, my guess 3 is exactly as described by Bill, maybe my wording has not been precise. However for guess 2 I don’t think you can flip all stones if you place your own in between - this is the case from one of my recent games, I was not able to do it.