Problem with 5 of a kind

Public forum discussion.

#1 · The_Shark_c

27 Dec 2024

In this game, I thought I had a 5 of a kind, but it doesn't seem to count.

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2475711

(in case more moves get made, this situation arises when there are 29 and 23 cards left in our decks.)

Actually, even if 5 of a kind isn't allowed, I should use the four natural 6s in my four-of-a-kind, allowing me to have a full house in the second hand.

In fact, it's even weirder than that. If I go back a move and forward a move, the results keep changing!

#2 · KPT

27 Dec 2024

i can't even visualize any match of this game.

#3 · Crelo

27 Dec 2024

You are correct @The_Shark_c, sometimes are displayed four 6 and an A, most of the times are three 6, one A and one JO. Moving back and forth the combinations are changing. Even hoodie's main Ace switches between clubs and diamonds.
Anyway, it seems you had four of a kind of 6, while hoodie had four of a kind of 7.

#4 · Ray Garrison

28 Dec 2024

digging deeper into the rules, I find this:
a player is not allowed to have two identical cards in their face-up row. Therefore there is no 'five of a kind' combination and a flush can only contain one ace. A wild card is exactly equal in rank to the real card it represents.

#5 · The_Shark_c

28 Dec 2024

Thanks, Ray. I missed that. In fact, could you provide a link, so my programmer can look for other gotchas?

However, it still doesn't fix the other problem (which didn't actually make a difference here, but it might some other time).

#6 · Ray Garrison

29 Dec 2024

click tournaments, then ocean's 11, then "rules". Scroll down and there are two links, this link (below) is the one that talks about this rule
https://www.pagat.com/invented/oceans11.html

#7 · Ray Garrison

29 Dec 2024

the other issue isn't a problem. When there are more than one way to make the top hand, the code will toggle the top hand between the possibilities with each refresh of the page.

#8 · William Fraser

29 Dec 2024

Yes, but the second hand ranged from two pair to a full house, which might make a difference if the top hands were tied.