"Wrong move"

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Oakmoss

16 May 2026

When I try to make a move in Fendo I get a red bar at the bottom that says "wrong move" alongside a clock icon. Other games using the newer interface seem to work fine (Grand Chess and Tumbleweed, at least), so I think it's just Fendo. I've already let Richard know. Is anyone else having this happen?

#2 · Rolle

16 May 2026

yes, that happends to me too

#3 · Force majeure

16 May 2026

I just wanted to create a new post with same question :D

#4 · Oakmoss

16 May 2026

I hope there's a way to undo a timeout, because in a few hours... :(

#5 · struggler

16 May 2026

Same here...

#6 · Oakmoss

16 May 2026

I just got a vacation day even though I already used all 5 of mine earlier this year. Gosh, if the timeout/vacation daemon broke at the same time as this, that is some SERENDIPITOUS timing, haha.

#7 · Force majeure

16 May 2026

Maybe losing the game is also wrong move and we are all in a vicious cycle of never finishing this championship?

#8 · Oakmoss

17 May 2026

It could all be part of some much bigger game, where the winner is the person who finds the one correct move! Depending on how hard it is to find it could very well outlast the EWN 50-point tournament!

#9 · gamesorry

17 May 2026

+1 same here ..

#10 · struggler

17 May 2026

Any chance to have it resolved before we start losing games on time...?

#11 · Oakmoss

17 May 2026

It seems to be working again! Thanks, Richard!

#12 · Oakmoss

17 May 2026

The timeout daemon seemed ot have broken as well as I should have timed out but got an extra day. My worry was that both problems would get fixed with only an hour to go before a timeout--which appears to be what happened! I think I got my moves in with only minutes to spare.