7th Row Single-Stone Template Discovered

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Mason Mackaman

6 Nov 2023

#2 · comonoid

7 Nov 2023

#3 · comonoid

7 Nov 2023

Sorry, I guess I should've properly formatted those links. The first link and the second link.

#4 · hexanna

8 Nov 2023

Nice! This template was smaller than I expected and gives hope for higher row templates. The smallest nth row single stone templates that have been discovered have widths (starting from n=2): 2, 4, 7, 10, 14, 17. Makes one wonder if there's a smaller 6th row template.

#5 · Arek Kulczycki

9 Nov 2023

Ow wow, fun line!

#6 · Kalabas

22 Dec 2023

It always seemed to me that single stones at the 6th and 7th level are extremely rare and there is no point in studying such templates, however, in one of the recent games (#2414897) I had just such a template on the 27th move.
In my case, the rest of the game turned out to be quite simple, but if the opponent had played harder, then just knowing that the position is a template and the two examples given might not have been enough to win.

Also it would be interesting to ask those who work with strong bots: how do bots rate these templates as absolutely won or not?