#1 · unknown player
1 Jun 2024
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2449594
I played against Kata Mecha in Hex 15, and it's probably one of the most challenging bots I've ever played. Was this a good game?
Public forum discussion.
1 Jun 2024
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2449594
I played against Kata Mecha in Hex 15, and it's probably one of the most challenging bots I've ever played. Was this a good game?
1 Jun 2024
Any suggestions?
2 Jun 2024
Why play moves like 25.g11 47.k7 49.l5 and 67.d6? Such moves are useless and White could simply play on the other side of the bridge and capture that stone. Besides, when e3 group is virtually connected to the left edge, it's not necessary to play 79.f1 considering the position near the left edge. Even though sometimes it's necessary, f2 and many other places on the second row of your own edge is strictly better.
2 Jun 2024
I don't know. Are you saying 25.g11 47.k7 49.l5 and 67.d6? are not good moves? I'm confused by this statement: Besides, when e3 group is virtually connected to the left edge, it's not necessary to play 79.f1 considering the position near the left edge. Even though sometimes it's necessary, f2 and many other places on the second row of your own edge is strictly better. What do you mean by that?
2 Jun 2024
Apologize for my poor expression of English! I'm not intended to blame on which move is not good or something. In fact, many moves in this game like g11 and k7 doesn't affect the final outcome. It's just a theoretical fact that playing such moves like g11 and k7 is no better than passing. As for the second point, this is just my own opinion on stone efficiency. Parhaps it's not very obvious at this stage of playing, but e3 group is solidly connected to the left edge and your opponent won't be able to block. And this connection only requires a tiny space. So it looks better to play elsewhere instead of defending it. Even though you want to play f1 for other reasons, it's always better to play f2. That is becaues f2 captures f1 and e1. That means playing f2 is equavlent to putting three stones f2, f1 and e1 at once! So just try to play close to the center or near you opponent's edge rather than on your own edge.
3 Jun 2024
Hi Nicole, when discussing a game and someone asks "why" it means literally that: why?
It's a good practice when playing or reviewing a game (any game) to ask yourself "why this move? did I achieve something? what was what I wanted to achieve with that move?"
Of course, these are not easy questions to answer. But little by little you will surprise yourself asking that in an on-going match and taking better and better decisions based on that.
Good luck, and have fun.
3 Jun 2024
@Greck. Thx. I will analyze what went wrong and try to improve more along the way.