Should this game have ended by now?

Public forum discussion.

#1 · unknown player

11 Jul 2024

https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2453337
I say this because the last move was made on 6/27/24, and the hours have increased and decreased from 0 to 23 within the previous two weeks. I get that vacations increase every couple of days. Please correct me if I am mistaken. [Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 8.56.54 PM
(https://Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 8.56.54 PM)

Screenshot 2024-07-10 at 8.37.17 PM

#2 · William Fraser

11 Jul 2024

Every time your opponent runs out of time, they use a vacation day and 24 hours are added to their clock. If they are a member, then they have 20 days/year, so it can take some number of weeks for them to lose once their clock first goes to zero. (If they are not a member, they only have 5 days/year).

Hope that helps...

#3 · Tasmanian Devil

11 Jul 2024

Under "Vacation" in the top right menu is says that members have 30 vacation days, not 20. nicolek's opponent in the game in question is not a member, however, and should lose on time shortly.

#4 · unknown player

12 Jul 2024

It's been more than five days

#5 · Oakmoss

12 Jul 2024

Given 10 days max plus 5 vacation days, no non-member should be able to take more than 15 days to make their move. It has happened before that the site had a bug in which the site wasn't timing players out correctly. I don't know about the exact timing, but they should now be completely out of vacation days, so if their timer jumps by 24 again, let Richard know so he can fix the problem.

#6 · unknown player

12 Jul 2024

@Oakmoss, the timer has jumped up to 25 hours multiple times. I will certainly let him know.

#7 · unknown player

12 Jul 2024

@Oakmoss, although the timer now says 10 hours, it jumps to 23 hours or more when it goes to zero. I have screenshots, but I don't know how to make a hyperlink from them so that they can appear when I post.

#8 · Greck

15 Jul 2024

As other users have already told you, once their timer gets to zero all games are given 24 more hours and one vacation game is used, and they are left with one less vacation days. Once vacation days are exhausted the lose by timeout.

I think we non-members have 5 vacation days per year.