Hex Monthly Now has a $100 Prize Pool

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Mason Mackaman

19 Aug 2024

The Hex Monthly - a real time online hex tournament that happens monthly - is now awarding $100 (USD) is prizes for the top placers at the event. The tournament happens on the 3rd Saturday of each month, at 17:00 UTC, the next one being on September 21. More information as well as registration is available here.

#2 · Arek Kulczycki

20 Aug 2024

Oh, interesting, who is the brilliant creator of the playhex.org website?

#3 · Mason Mackaman

20 Aug 2024

#4 · Flypside

20 Aug 2024

Also, if you want to stay connected with the Hex community, you're welcome to join the Discord dedicated to Hex: https://discord.gg/HVuYb9dy
There are currently nearly 300 very active members discussing everything related to Hex every day, including the monthly tournament mentioned above.

#5 · Mason Mackaman

15 Sep 2024

one week reminder

#6 · spartacu5

16 Sep 2024

I will play, and I hope we get more folks from the LG to join too! Would be awesome to have a super strong Hex tournament this time.

#7 · Mason Mackaman

16 Sep 2024

Corey L. Clark has graciously donated $110 on top of the base amount of $100! This brings the payouts to:

  1. $100
  2. $50
  3. $35
  4. $25

#8 · Mason Mackaman

16 Sep 2024

To be clear, this contribution is a one-time thing. After this event, the prize pool will go back down to $100.

#9 · Daniel Sepczuk

17 Sep 2024

I send email to admin playok.com (kurnik.pl) with question if it possible to restore creating a tournaments there. I'll let you know when I get an answer.

#10 · Daniel Sepczuk

17 Sep 2024

I would like to ask you if i can move the board on playhex.org? I play one game against bot and the board is at an angle and i can't rotate it.

#11 · Arek Kulczycki

18 Sep 2024

Daniel you can rotate it in the profile settings (such that the desired orientation becomes your default), I also was troubled by that until Alcalyn explained it to me

#12 · Daniel Sepczuk

18 Sep 2024

Yes i saw it later, now it's perfect. Do anyone want to play realtime to prepare on saturday tournament? I will be available every evening on playhex and playok.

#13 · Daniel Sepczuk

19 Sep 2024

Hi again,

I just got a positive response and now you can organize tournaments! We start on Sunday at 20:00 (GMT+1), 13x13, 5 rounds, 7 minutes per game. I invite everyone and I count on a large attendance. Let's start the game in real time. It is also possible to play in 11x11 and 14x14 size.

Direct link: https://www.playok.com/en/tournaments/?g=hx

#14 · Daniel Sepczuk

19 Sep 2024

Lest I forget, anyone can create a tournament, you just need to have an account.

#15 · Mason Mackaman

22 Sep 2024

Thanks to those of you who showed up, and congrats to Daniel Sepczuk for winning! We had the biggest turnout in the history of the tournament, with 18 participants! There will be a $100 prize pool for all tournaments going forward (the third Saturday of each month). Hope to see more of you in the future :)

#16 · Daniel Sepczuk

23 Sep 2024

Yes, great tournout on Saturday but I'm very dissapointed about tournnout yesterday in playok - only 6 participants. I would like to organize a tournament over the weekend, will there be any takers?

#17 · add3993

23 Sep 2024

I actually tried to join the playok tournament, maybe 3 minutes late, but the lobby appeared empty. I think this was a glitch of some kind or I misunderstand the interface (which I don't often use). If there are to be further tournaments it would be good to use the Hex discord as a meeting ground for live chat around any technical issues.

#18 · Daniel Sepczuk

24 Sep 2024

You have to be there before the time because there's nothing you can do later. After the tournament starts, you're automatically assigned to a specific opponent in a specific round and so on for the entire duration of the tournament.

#19 · Daniel Sepczuk

24 Sep 2024

This weekend's playok schedule:
1. Friday, 20:00 (GMT +2), 5 rounds, 7 minutes, 11x11
2. Saturday, 20:00 (GMT+2), 5 rounds, 10 minutes, 13x13
3. Sunday, 7:00 PM (GMT+2), 5 rounds, 10 minutes, 14x14 (I'll create a tournament on Friday evening because one person can't create more than one tournament)

I invite everyone to participate!

#20 · Daniel Sepczuk

27 Sep 2024

Today 20:00 gmt+2, 11x11 tournament. Everyone welcome.

#21 · add3993

27 Sep 2024

These tourneys are easy and fun. I recommend anyone to add some real-time play into their hobby, it's a nice change of pace.

#22 · Daniel Sepczuk

29 Sep 2024

Today 14x14 at 19:00 GMT+2 if anyone intrested. Next weekend there will be 3 tournaments again.

#23 · Daniel Sepczuk

29 Sep 2024

Another weekend's schedule:

Friday, 20:00 (GMT +2), 7 rounds, 7 minutes, 11x11
Saturday, 20:00 (GMT+2), 7 rounds, 10 minutes, 13x13
Sunday, 19:00 PM (GMT+2), 7 rounds, 10 minutes, 14x14 (I'll create a tournament on Friday evening because one person can't create more than one tournament)

#24 · Daniel Sepczuk

31 Oct 2024

Hi everyone, after a short break we are back with tournaments on playok, here's schedule:

Saturday, 20:00 (GMT+1), 6 rounds, 10 minutes, 13x13
Sunday, 19:00 PM (GMT+1), 6 rounds, 10 minutes, 14x14

#25 · Mason Mackaman

31 Oct 2024

Hey Daniel, I would prefer you created another forum post about your playok tournaments. I would like to keep this one about Hex Monthly.