#1 · Omar Syed
13 Sep 2024
I don't understand how this game was won by black. White could have created a ring, but resigned.
Public forum discussion.
13 Sep 2024
I don't understand how this game was won by black. White could have created a ring, but resigned.
13 Sep 2024
4 moves of missing it
13 Sep 2024
Reminds me of this TwixT game: https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2455206
White has been aiming straight towards the North edge for three consecutive moves, then suddenly resigns. It is true that black at some point might do something more productive than running after white, but why resign before that has actually happened?
13 Sep 2024
Well yes sure, after 37.g11 38.h8 I looks like black could "turn the corner" and win. But based on the moves made up to then, there was no reason to expect such a move from black. I agree that resignation seems premature. If black had continued the ladder for one more move with 38.g10 then white would have a winning position. My apologies for violating the sanctity of the Hex/Havannah forum.
17 Sep 2024
How do we know that the whites have resigned?
17 Sep 2024
A Resign would produce "xx. Resign", in this case it must have been a timeout