#1 · SigmoidHzy
13 Oct 2024
I have written all the content here:
Public forum discussion.
13 Oct 2024
I have written all the content here:
13 Oct 2024
Maybe I should better use a hyperlink
Analysis of the length of optimal games of Hex game using alphazero-like AI
I add a new feature "Move number limit" to KataHex. 20240908 is the latest release. KataHex 20240908
14 Oct 2024
Nice analysis, thanks!
We used to roughly estimate the optimal game to occupy 1/3 of the board, but that was excluding "useless moves", like filling in the gaps in bridges. Often those moves are forcing, so one can play them to prolong the game or gain time on the clock if increment is included. The assumption of your analysis was that one of the players prolongs as much as possible, so that seems quite right that the number is significantly higher, F(n) ~ 0.45 * n^2.
Very interesting if that function is convergent to a value larger than 0!!!