Florian analyzed Arek vs Daniel on You Tube

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

11 Jan 2025

Hi Folks. Florian just posted his analysis of Daniel versus Arek in the latest championship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljkP0FejQA
Here is my comment to him.
> Hi Florian. In your variation 21.f10 what about f11 g10 g12 h11 and now 26.h13 instead of h12. Play could continue 27.h12 g13 i12 i13 k12 j12 L10 black tries dropping back the same way white just did to black , but it's not enough 34.k10 m8 L9 m9 L8 m7 L7 m6 L5 L6 j7 k6 j5 and white wins.So I claim white is still winning in the final position.

http://www.trmph.com/diagram/1,hex,13,c2i10j10j9h10d10e9g4b5g9c9d11i8c5i5i7h7h8b10d12f10f11g10g12h11h13h12g13i12i13k12j12l10k10m8l9m9l8m7l7m6l5l6j7k6j5,-1

#2 · Florian Jamain

12 Jan 2025

I gave an answer to your comment David, I think you missed a possible ressource for black.

#3 · David J Bush

12 Jan 2025

Thanks for correcting me. I was wrong about Arek resigning in a winning position. My apologies. But talking about Florian's variation on move 21.f10, I may have a reason why Daniel did not play that.

http://www.trmph.com/diagram/1,hex,13,c2i10j10j9h10d10e9g4b5g9c9d11i8c5i5i7h7h8b10d12f10f11g10g12h11h13h12g13j12i12k9i6i11f6,-1

#4 · Arek Kulczycki

22 Jan 2025

Thanks Florian for a great video, it's fun to have my own game covered :)

I wish it was a different one, because I was pretty disgusted with my play that game... I should have and wanted to play 12.F11, but then I hugely misevaluated this position and played 12.D11 thinking it was simple and sufficient. I completely forgot that black escapes like this.

#5 · Florian Jamain

22 Jan 2025

I picked this game so that I could end the video with a congrats for both players one for winning the game one for winning the tournament