Public forum discussion.
11 Jul 2025
Bad news (although some months ago already):
Michail Antonow, the inventor of the board game "ConHex",
passed away at age 90 on December 23, 2024. Michail was
a decade-long friend of mine. I was proud that allowed
me to published a "hands on"-version of ConHex back in
2005.
R.I.P.
--- Ingo
13 Jul 2025
Thank you Ingo for sharing this important, if sad piece of news.
I am one of many people who were and are positively influenced by Michail's presence. He was extremely wise, patient, and kind. I enjoyed every interaction we had, and I'm sure the same can be said by many who knew him. I also deeply admire his vast knowledge and understanding of politics, as well as the work he did before and after designing some of the world's best board games.
One of my very few regrets in life is not being able to make enough time to finish my book on ConHex in a more swift manner. However, after several urgent issues have been resolved, I'd be happy to work hard to ensure the continued success of the game and Michail's legacy.
May he rest in peace, and my condolences to everyone affected.
25 Jul 2025
I'm very sorry to hear this, and wish I had made an attempt to contact Antonow and thank him for designing one of my favorite games.
Any activity around ConHex is welcome and honors his legacy. To rehash, areas for welcome growth include community-building (digital or meetup), sites for real-time play, strategy discussion and/or puzzles, and AI development. And we should add, sharing (in a findable place) any biographical writing and/or reminiscence about Michail Antonow.