Expert tournament

Public forum discussion.

#1 · MisterCat

27 Apr 2024

Using USCF classification for Chess, an 'expert' has achieved a rating between 2000 - 2199. Doing well in this tournament will gain you rating points, and the winner is noted on the game page.

It starts May 13th, 2024. The regular championship starts in August, so hopefully 2 1/2 months is enough time for this tournament to be complete, or nearly so.

I can't play in this tournament, since my (current) rating is too low. Perhaps someday. Meanwhile, I will monitor the entries and publicize the tournament. If too few people have entered by May 12th, I will cancel the tournament.

I figure, give people time to enter and/or withdraw. As a paid member, I may as well use my hard-earned Euros for something!

This link will get you there:

https://www.littlegolem.net/ng/a/Ctrn.action?view=&dto.id=1563

(meow)

#2 · David J Bush

29 Apr 2024

It's worth a shot, but there are just 11 people within that ratings slot who have been on the site since February 11, and just 6 of those have a Twixt game in progress.

#3 · MisterCat

29 Apr 2024

I've been trying to create tournaments for every rating class. I saw the list, but we'll see if it happens. I plan >2199 and tournaments for later this year, probably November.
(meow)

#4 · Hairspring

30 Apr 2024

Thanks for doing this MC. I will bite. Maybe it will give me a chance at some small bit of redemption after my dismal play in the last championship.