Suddenly, Loren

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

7 Aug 2024

The most recent Twixt first league tourney began on August 1. I did not notice, but apparently my game against Loren Schenkelberg was not in my list of games where I am to move. Not until just a few hours ago. We are on move 0 and I have 100 hours left on my clock, down from 240, which would be consistent with the tournament starting five days ago. But I would have moved in that game if I had seen it in my list of games where it is my move.

This is not a problem, since I can build my time back up, and I am not so busy that I cannot make my moves in time. But when I look at Loren's other games, there is a similar clock time situation. All his opponents have about 100 hours remaining, maybe a little more.

Was this some glitch in the server? Just curious.

#2 · David J Bush

7 Aug 2024

Sorry my mistake, Loren's clock is down to 100 hours not mine.

#3 · bob440

18 Jan 2025

I think I've seen this happen a couple of times. On one occasion, I noticed a game vs a fairly active player (Mister Cat?). As the time was ticking down, I messaged him to ask if he didn't see the game on his active games list and, sure enough, he didn't. Once he started playing, the game showed up on his list.

#4 · MisterCat

19 Jan 2025

As usual, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Twixt League?? We have leagues here? Or is that another site? And my last game against Bob was in September 2023! I don't recall any communication about time or game displays.
So there us no point at all in my posting this text, except to say Happy New Year, guys!
meow!

#5 · David J Bush

19 Jan 2025

The Championship is sometimes referred to as Leagues. I am in first league and you are in second MC.

#6 · MisterCat

20 Jan 2025

Yes, I see now that section you refer to, from last August? The infamous Harvey is at the bottom, and you are there. Far as I can tell, there is only that one section ('league'). My confusion, since I think of leagues as players who have voluntarily banded together to face other leagues (or 'teams' or 'clans'). Or in baseball, leagues consist of teams. At any rate, I have not played in any championship in years. The last time I entered one, I forfeited all my games, with apologies.
The time just isn't there.

#7 · MisterCat

20 Jan 2025

Whoopsie, again. Me no brain work. I confused your current ,Twixt 30 with last Fall's Twixt 24. Too much posting, too many threads, too much multitasking for little ol' me. And, last Fall is when I withdrew from that tourney.
meow