Twixt at the MSO again

Public forum discussion.

#1 · David J Bush

11 Aug 2024

There will be a face to face Twixt tournament in London on August 18. Here is the schedule. I cannot attend, but maybe someone from Europe?

#2 · Florian Jamain

11 Aug 2024

Will be there during the full week!

#3 · David J Bush

12 Aug 2024

Excellent! I hope they give you more than 15 minutes per game with no increment.

#4 · Tasmanian Devil

12 Aug 2024

Do you have a reason to think the time settings will be any different this year than all previous years?

#5 · David J Bush

12 Aug 2024

I don't think the settings will be different. I hope they will be different. There's a difference. Maybe they will afford digital clocks this year, which would allow either increment or delay per move. Fiddling with double-parked links with seconds on your clock is not what Twixt is about IMO. Maybe someone will convince them that fewer rounds are needed for a game where draws are so rare. Maybe they will start the rounds on time this time.

#6 · Florian Jamain

13 Aug 2024

You can already see it, it seems it's 18min per player.

https://mindsportsolympiad.com/product/twixt-wc/

#7 · David J Bush

13 Aug 2024

Thanks Florian. I wonder why the photograph on that page shows a Quoridor game.