players return

Public forum discussion.

#1 · MisterCat

5 Sep 2024

maceij and spd_iv HAVE RETURNED to the fold! They are playing two games of Twixt 48 against each other now. In case you want to check out the games, here they are:
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2464291
https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid=2464290

(meow)

#2 · spd_iv

6 Sep 2024

Hello guys!

I probably won't stay here for long. I found other hobbies, one of them is my 3-year-old daughter :) Maybe I'll play some games here, preferably on bigger boards. Feel free to invite me - in the worst case I simply won't accept an invitation in the case of many games.

Michal

#3 · tasuki

4 Apr 2025

Bigger boards are where it's at! I'm taking a (couple years?) break now, but I'll come back to the big board ladders!

#4 · add3993

4 Apr 2025

Connection-game geniuses, just in case you might not realize how valued your game records are: they are, thank you. Even more so would be any commentary, instruction, written works or videos on the subject you might choose to create. Some of us would be happy to contribute financially to make such efforts possible/attractive. No pressure of course, and hope you are enjoying other walks of life too.

#5 · David J Bush

5 Apr 2025

#6 · add3993

5 Apr 2025

Thanks David, I would just note one thing about that puzzle collection---which is great don't get me wrong---but the difficulty curve is brutally hard compared to Matthew Seymour's wonderful Hex collection. And it doesn't contain many refuting lines either, making it frustrating to use.

Puzzles of this kind also don't teach early-game positional development, which is what I am most interested in studying (and which inherently resists simple logical analysis and needs help from expert judgment). In my experience, by the time the weaker player is forced to think about local tactics in Twixt, it's already too late.

#7 · add3993

5 Apr 2025

...the Eric Silverman article is good too, though, and does discuss early strategy. I also want to take some time to digest David's article and game commentary here
https://www.abstractgames.org/uploads/1/1/6/4/116462923/abstract_games_issue_2.pdf