New Twixt Class tournaments

Public forum discussion.

#1 · MisterCat

14 Sep 2024

Hello, and meow.

As I did last year, I have created Twixt class tournaments - for everybody of all rating strengths. Just visit the Twixt tournament page and look under 'USER TOURNAMENTS'. Richard lets you create your own tournaments as long as you are a paid member.

The current Twixt Championship is winding down, and the next one starts in February. These tournaments give people something to do in the meantime.

Your rewards? Well, besides playing games, if you do well you can improve your rating - and perhaps play in a higher class next time. Furthermore, YOU GET TO SEE YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS on the Twixt Winners List! Hee-hee!!

All tournaments start in November, so you can register anytime before then. If any section fails to get at least 2 entries, then the system will automatically delete it on start day. That seem logical.

Last year, I sent promotional texts to every single player on the list of Twixt players. This was very time consuming. I'll probably do that again this year, but give me a few weeks to get on that project.

Cheers, y'all.
mc

#2 · MisterCat

24 Oct 2024

Boy, what fun. I finished sending out 300 messages, to every Twixt player listed! I have now publicized the user tournaments as much as possible, so now it's up to the membership at large to enter. The startup date is November 1st, so get your entry in by October 31st. That's easy to remember: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
BOO!
(meow)

#3 · MisterCat

25 Oct 2024

#4 · MisterCat

26 Oct 2024

I have modified the START DATE of all 7 tournaments to give one more week. The tournaments start on November 8, so you can register anytime up to November 7.

It has occurred to me that people may be paying more attention to the upcoming election than to Twixt games. Well, the election is on November 5, so it will be over then.

Also, I may have waited too long to send out the messages, since players do not always check these messages regularly.

But with the next championship series starting on February 1, 2025, I do not wish to interfere with upcoming regular tournaments. That's why I am only adding one more week. Hoping that all who wish to play, get to play!
mc

#5 · The_Burglar

26 Oct 2024

November 5th is "Bonfire Night"/"Guy Fawkes Night" in the UK, a day to celebrate either

  1. the Gunpowder plot to blow up parliment
    or
  2. the failure of it

so everyone can celebrate, doubt many will worry about yo-yo politics that weakens investment potential in the USA

#6 · The_Burglar

27 Oct 2024

15 entered so far

#7 · Flemming Jensen

30 Oct 2024

So gratefull for your efforts, MisterCat.

Cheers, Flemming

#8 · MisterCat

6 Nov 2024

Thanks for the nod, Fleming. The tournament will start this Friday, and you have a nice group of strong players to face! Good luck and enjoy!
mc