#1 · David J Bush
30 Jul 2026
Thanks to Alan Hensel for adding Edit and Delete buttons to his Twixt commentator site! I didn't even notice them until I was already regretting an error I posted.
Public forum discussion.
30 Jul 2026
Thanks to Alan Hensel for adding Edit and Delete buttons to his Twixt commentator site! I didn't even notice them until I was already regretting an error I posted.
2 Aug 2026
The Delete button, by the way, is a soft-delete. So you can undelete. The comment header remains visible to you to show Undelete. Nobody else will see it, or be left with any other clue that the comment ever existed.
The "Add a Comment" box saves drafts now to the browser's local "session storage" (it's fast, it stays on your machine, but it goes away if you close the tab.) You don't get drafts when editing a comment, though. Edit is intended for small fix-ups.
I have also added a little question mark in a circle (?) next to the "Comment" and "Preview" buttons that brings up comment help in a modal dialog.
The comment help explains, among other things, a new feature called named variations, which lets you tag a sequence of moves and then branch off of that sequence later, even in later comments.
And I started a rudimentary Twixt Stats page. Right now it's just tables of number of games broken down by board size and results. There's a link to it at the bottom of the main page.
That's a summary of July's changes.