Future of Twixt Commentator

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Alan Hensel

3 Oct 2026

I just got an email from Little Golem about a complete website redesign. This part particularly caught my attention:
> Coming in October: during October, we will retire the old website and move entirely to the new application....

Wow, that is a short timeline. Also, it will break Twixt Commentator.

The issue is that the SGF format simply does not include enough data. For example, there is no way to tell from the SGF data whether a game is in progress or forfeited. I have to scrape the web page to find out. So when LG web pages change in a way that breaks this, I have to update Commentator, or you will never be able to comment on a forfeited game.

The new game web page doesn't include that information, either. For example, here is a recent game:
https://www.littlegolem.net/app/#/tournament/twixt.ch.73.1.1/game/2561626
...is it forfeited?

(Pay no mind to the tournament name in the URL. The link works, with the wrong tournament, and I had no success finding the right url. It is weird that the tournament name should be in the URL at all, given that the game number is globally unique across LG.)

It looks like there is now an "Analyse" button on game pages that lets a user click around, but there is no notation to copy, no private notes, and no ability to add comments to discuss a completed game. To be fair, Commentator was always an extension of things that I wished were built into Little Golem, but this is missing some chunks of functionality.

Is the path forward to lobby Richard for those missing chunks, or should I try to keep Twixt Commentator working with the new Little Golem?

#2 · Oui BangCock

3 Oct 2026

WHAT EVER WORKS BEST FOR A SITE SIMILAR TO COMMENTATOR WOULD BE THE BEST AS YOU COULD PREVIEW MOVES GOING FORWARD AND SEE WHAT THEY WERE IF YOU SAVED A PDF OR WHATEVER. I'M NOT SURE WHY FORFITED GAMES WOULD BE OF INTEREST TO MOST PLAYERS? AS OF NOW MY TWIXT DAYS ARE OVER AS ARE MANY PLAYERS I KNOW OF. THANKS

#3 · Flemming Jensen

3 Oct 2026

Hello Alan. Please keep the TC working with the new LG, if possible. Regards, Flemming

#4 · bennok

3 Oct 2026

Maybe the retirement of the old website won't be as drastic as expected. I can imagine that Richard could leave the functionality of urls like https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/game/game.jsp?gid= and https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/ld/tournament.jsp?trnid= a while longer than just october. Even if all "official" links to these secret parts are removed from the standard user experience. It seems the database structure in itself hasnt changed and it shouldn't cost more to keep the functionality than to remove it. Let's see what happens.