#1 · Ragnar Wikman
2 Jul 2025
AFAIK, it is not allowed to repeat moves in XiangQi. This is not implemented on the server, so now my opponent is giving perpetual check. I refuse to accept a draw out of principle, so this game will never end?
Public forum discussion.
2 Jul 2025
AFAIK, it is not allowed to repeat moves in XiangQi. This is not implemented on the server, so now my opponent is giving perpetual check. I refuse to accept a draw out of principle, so this game will never end?
4 Jul 2025
Actually, it isn't as simple as "no one may repeat a board position", but it is true that, if one player gives perpetual check, they lose. Apparently, the actual rules are difficult to write as an algorithm, and human referees are often used.
4 Jul 2025
Have you tried contacting the webmaster (Richard M)? He can usually help with such things
6 Jul 2025
I am sure, that the webmaster(Richard M) will help
9 Jul 2025
Yes, I have contacted Richard, even before I posted here, but no response... ?!
11 Jul 2025
He is sometimes slow. You can check to see if he has opened your message (click on "messages" then "outbox"). I recommend you message him again (directly to Richard M) here is his profile page: https://www.littlegolem.net/jsp/info/player.jsp?plid=1002