Double Round Robin user tournaments by rating begins Nov. 1

Public forum discussion.

#1 · Ray Garrison

16 Oct 2009

Three New Four in a Row tournaments are now open for registration. Tournaments begin Nov. 1

Red statistically does much better than yellow, so each event will be a double round robin, each player gets one red and one yellow against each opponent. Have fun!

go to the user tournaments page to register or click on a link below to go directly to the tournament registration page:

tournament for players rated over 2000

tournament for players rated 1700-1999

tournament for players rated under 1700

#2 · Ray Garrison

28 Oct 2009

only a couple of days left to register. As of today, there are 34 players in all three tournaments. (the over 2000 event is the smallest with only 4 players at the moment). Good luck!

#3 · FatPhil

28 Oct 2009

May I sign RoRoRo up for the group?

(And no, this is not being confrontational, I wish RoRoRo to fit in with the local preferences about bot participation in each of the disciplines, a 'no' is fine.)

#4 · FatPhil

28 Oct 2009

Thinking about it, as I'm not going to teach RoRoRo how to parse the UT list, I might just have it message controlled such that he signs up if the organiser of the tournament messages him, in which case he automatically satisfies the whims of the organiser.

#5 · Ray Garrison

28 Oct 2009

yes, you may enter roro

#6 · FatPhil

31 Oct 2009

I just send RoRoRo a message ``join ut 80'' and he responded with a message:

I just signed up here

extra= _MASTER OVERRIDE!!!!_

So I think that means he'll be taking part. In theory he should also have sent you a message too, explaining why someone else has signed him up for your tournament.

#7 · Ray Garrison

31 Oct 2009

yes, I received the message. good luck to you and your bot.

#8 · Ray Garrison

31 Oct 2009

Last chance to enter! Tournament begins tomorrow. I sent several personal invites to players over 2000 because the #s were low, and this approach generated several new entries in the top section, so it should be a great tournament. Currently, there are 9 in the top section, 12 in the middle section and 22 in the lower section. Good luck to all, and Have Fun !

#9 · FatPhil

1 Nov 2009

Oh gawd, he's never parsed a UT game page before - he thought that games in 'ut.fir.80.1.3' were games of 'ut', rather than games of 'fir', and was refusing to play them as he didn't know how! I had a beer festival and a late night out last night, the last thing I wanted to do was bugfix when I got up this morning. Anyway, I've slapped some sense into him, and he appears to be coping.

Here's to some hopefully interesting games in all divisions!